Guest Post by: The Competitive Enterprise Institute, The Heartland Institute, the Energy & Environmental Legal Institute, the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow, and the International Climate Science Coalition, and Truth in Energy and Climate.
Editor’s note: This summary serves as a fact check on the biggest false claims made in the media in January, 2024.
Any way that you look at the “average global temperature” for January 2024, the notion of emissions-driven warming fails.
Per the NASA satellite record, January’s temperature confirms what we predicted last year: i.e., a 2023 El Nino would cause a step increase in temperature as it has since the 1980s.
Per the real-time surface station record maintained by Temperature.global, there still has been no global warming since the last El Nino in 2015-2016.
You may choose to believe either, both or neither. It really doesn’t matter since there is no such thing as “average global temperature” in the first place. It is a non-physical and imaginary guesstimate around which the global warming controversy swirls. On to the fact checks for January 2024.
Links: EV road damage article.
Links: The New York Times.
Links: The Telegraph.
We’ll close out this month on an interesting and non-doomer moment from the other side.
Possibly to sell her new book “Not the End of the World,” Oxford University climate alarmist Hannah Ritchie wrote in her Atlantic article “A Slightly Hotter World Still Could be A Better One”: “Human progress can continue in a slightly warmer world.”
Ms. Ritchie has perhaps come to grips with the reality that the Earth seems to have been warming since the coolest of the Little Ice Age in the late 17th century, a period that has seen humanity flourish from about 500 million to over 8 billion today. A new study published in January also spotlighted the ongoing greening of the Earth largely due to increasing carbon dioxide.
Until next month… check these and other great fact checks from our sites.
• Wrong, New York Times and BBC, A New Study Doesn’t Prove Climate Change Is Causing the Amazon’s Drought
• Wrong, Harvard, Alarmists’ Media Stories, Not Climate Change, Are to Blame for Mental Trauma
• King Tides Are Not Becoming the “New Normal” In San Fran, Mercury News
• False, Washington Post, Low Great Lakes Ice Levels Are Not Proof of Climate Change
• CNN Claims the “Hottest Year on Record” Caused More Extreme Weather, Facts Say Otherwise
• Have You Heard About Record-Low Temps Around The World? Of Course Not — It Doesn’t Fit The Narrative
• Today’s ‘Climate Crisis’ Is a Fairy Tale
• Shaking Off Old Climate Lies for the New Year
• Sorry Biden, CO2 Is Not Pollution. It’s The Currency Of Life
• Net Zero: Three Graphs That Might Make You Skeptical
• Further Investigations on Errors in Weather Station Data Evaluations
• Urban Heat Island Studies – Do Pristine Weather Stations Even Exist?
• NOAA’s Graph Provides Best Evidence That Solar Heating Is Warming the Oceans, Not CO2
• NOAA’s Year 2023 “Selected Significant Climate Anomalies and Events” Diagram Misrepresents both Anomalies and Events
• Models Wrong Again: “Hotter Weather Not Diminishing Runoff, River Discharge”!
Originally posted at JunkScience.com, reposted with permission.